Discuss Earth bonding to Water in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

i agreed to pay 150 for 4-5 hours work, but he did some tests for less than 1 hour,
Earlier you said you agreed £150 to carry out an EICR but now you are saying you agreed £150 for 4-5 hours labour? Which is it?

A key question when this sort of thing comes up is to ask what you would be expecting to pay if it has taken 7 hours? Would you be expecting him to honour the original quote of £150 or would you happily pay more?

he is expecting me to first pay 150 and then asking for another 200 to do fix some errors.

It is not asking you to pay for fixing errors, it is a quote to carry out remedial work as identified by the report. You are under no obligation to accept the quote if you are not happy with it and can seek alternative quotes from other electricians.

the electrician quoted £150 to do the EICR test and minor fixes as it will take around 4-5 hours,
however he finished the test in less than 1 hour (he checked CU, some sockets and switches) and now asking me to pay 150, he also quoted 200 plus material to fix the errors including earth bonding to water pipes.
I do not feel good and while I respect all professionals, I feel I am being ripped off !
In my opinion the periodic inspection was around half of the price that it should have been. What this suggests about the competence of the Inspector is up to you to decide.

I agreed to pay 150 to do the test and fix errors for labor upto 4-5 hours,
I would expect to pay more if more time is required for more work.
Total 1 hour was spent.
4-5 hours for 150? no chance, this is 2024, 150 for 2 hours maybe, that said an hour seems pretty quick, not sure he did the job right

Reply to Earth bonding to Water in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net