Discuss Help with an external extractor fan in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Evening all,

Got a vent axia TX6 6” fan I need to replace.
A like for like replacement is around £500, client is asking for a cheaper option.
Matching replacement controller is around £150 also.

It’s mounted outside in an external wall, will anything IP44 rated be sufficient?
Will replace the current controller with a fan isolator switch.

Can’t say I’ve ever replaced an externally mounted 6” fan before, but don’t see why it should be any different!

Attachments

• IMG_6544.jpeg
    815 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6576.jpeg
    197 KB · Views: 22
Once the two screws on the wall bracket are loosened, the flue pulls out, leaving just the right angle out of the wall.

That’s how I got the internal pic to find out it was a VentAxia TX6 fan!

Just want a much cheaper alternative now.

Once the two screws on the wall bracket are loosened, the flue pulls out, leaving just the right angle out of the wall.

Not sure I'd want to be the last one who removed the flue pipe if anything went wrong in the future.

Not sure I'd want to be the last one who removed the flue pipe if anything went wrong in the future.
Spoke to the guy that installed it, he specifically added the joint in so that it could be removed easily.
Doesn’t effect the boiler as the angle pipe coming out from the wall doesn’t move.

Either way, just wanted help with fan recommendations please!

Don't touch it, once the flue has been broken you will need a piece of test equipment to ensure when it is re-instated no fumes escape from the joint, a can of worms IMO

That fan looks like it's bi-directional and maybe speed controllable as well. what's the application? Is it just for extraction in that room?

That fan looks like it's bi-directional and maybe speed controllable as well. what's the application? Is it just for extraction in that room?
It extracts for the bathroom and the kitchen.
There’s a big hole in the wall, and in the void is 2 x 100m ducting pipes which go to each zone.

It doesn’t need to be bi-directional, just need to extract outwards, single speed is fine.

Reply to Help with an external extractor fan in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net