Questions and electrical advice in the Electricians' Talk - Industrial installations can be discussed in this industrial electricians' talk forum. Way better than any ScrewSucks Community Forums. ElectriciansTalk Forum. Wiring, theories and regulations..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

Replies
Views
I have scoured the internet to see if I can find a 'legal' definition of an electrician. I cannot! I have found this: What Is A "Qualified...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
When working on domestic premises with a modern board, do you lock off the circuit breaker or main switch? I sometimes do, but not often. I...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all hope all is well, just a quick question to everyone and to get some feedback. How many agree that all domestic properties...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 26818
D
Seems to be a lot of confusion, that FP cable is the be all, and end all of fire resistant cable. And is only suitable for fire alarms. So let me...
Replies
Views
R
I've recently had a spending spree on new tools and was wonder what other peoples must have top 3 toys were? The ones I've just bought are 1...
Replies
Views
R
Im not 100% on earthing for submains. If the supply is tnc-s you are not ment to export the earthfrom db to say a detached garage?If i did export...
Replies
Views
P
Afternoon, I need to create an electrical layout plan for a factory with around 30 DB’s. What software would be best to use, I have AutoCAD...
Replies
Views
Hi, Have any of you had any issues with TPN Fusebox distribution boards? We had a client who said that they won't install them as they are not...
Replies
Views
where do i start , a customer asks me to have a look at thier old swann cctv system which was left by the prev owners . some cameras are not...
Replies
Views
I want to check the insulation of the 3-phase 400VAC asynchronous squirrel cage motor. Motor's stator windings are connected in delta. I've read...
Replies
Views
What tests and certification do you do for motors supplied via a motor control panel, DoL, soft starts, VSD, star delta, etc?
Replies
Views
Hi guys I’m at one of the funny times in my career where I can’t decide on what I want to do. I’m wondering if one of you experiences folks can...
Replies
Views
Hi, just looking for advice. Ive been to look at a Fire alarm install job. While checking where i will take my supply from. 3 phase sub board, i...
Replies
Views
Hi, I kinda think I know the answer to this but will ask opinion anyway. I am fitting a new compressor pump and motor to my receiver and have...
Replies
Views
Multiple commercial units within the same steel frame cant each have a PME supply (from the same transformer), we have to install an earth...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. I have a inverter configuration problem I thought someone here might be able to help with. I'm not looking for a specific solution...
Replies
Views
Is it acceptable to lim on eic for supply characteristics? I had a job in a hospital today and I couldnt gain access to the Switch room and the...
Replies
Views
Can anyone advice me on how to take in the effect of Ground Enhansing Material (GEM) used in Electrical Earthing to reduse the earth resistance...
Replies
Views
Morning all, We are looking at qualification requirements for inspection and testing to BS EN 60204, all of our work is past the main isolator of...
Replies
Views
Having to wire around a messed up output for a month or so. Some sort of program corruption is keeping the central lubrication system from...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, I've been on jobs splicing and installing Pot head Terminations of 13800V PILC cable and I cant help but think our mix of lead to tin is...
Replies
Views
Hi Have the regs for Zone 1 changed I was told that there is a max voltage now for zone 1 lighting
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am an electrician working for a OEM machinery manufacturer based in Germany, we are the local hub that is now taking over the...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm supervising maintaining a building powered by a 1250 Amps and i had a total blackout twice within a week. Checking the MCB and it's...
Replies
Views
M
Hello all, This is my first post so hope I'm in the right place for my question! I sell single-phase frequency invertors that drive variable-speed...
Replies
Views
N
So how many are aware of the difference between these two Standards? I had these highlighted to me a few years ago and it was news to me. The...
    • Informative
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock