Search the forum,

Discuss Any ideas on testing eicr insulation voltages. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Are you a trainee?

Welcome to the forum - dont forget to log in next time!

Been advised its OK for 250v insulation test on eicr but not sure
The origin of the 250V test is basically so that you don't accidentally fry any equipment that may still be in circuit. So any circuit identified as 'vulnerable to testing' is where you would use a 250V setting - such as a modern lighting circuit with LED lamps or fire alarm supplies are also another.

That said, the testing regime in GN3 says to remove all appliances and lamps from circuits prior to testing so it would only apply to a situation where you can't do that due to an access issue or some other limitiation (eg, needs removal of otherwise fixed wiring). So the preference is always for a 500V test where possible, however given the lowest insulation values allowed for both settings are very low, then I would argue that if you're having to rely on a 250V test to achieve compliance then you're clutcing at straws with something that really does need investigating properly.

Reply to Any ideas on testing eicr insulation voltages. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All, My colleague and I are currently doing PAT/ISITEE Testing, and we've hit a snag with a bit of equipment - we've got 19" Racks for our...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I hope you're all keeping well. I have a question regarding insulation resistance testing. Whether doing a single circuit IR test or...
Replies
Views
Quick question. I am new to electrical installation so please be patient. You guys are great at answers. Re Insulation Testing. Why if I test...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had an EICR carried out and it has comeback with a few C2s. The only one I disagree with is the electrician raised as a C2 the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am due EICR test on my property which has 20 year old wiring. Last test on 2018 was fine with no issues. Just need to check if my consumer...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock