Search the forum,

Discuss Downlights: Integral Evofire, or JCC Fireguard IP65? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Integral Evofire, or JCC Fireguard?

• Integral Evofire Recessed (Low Glare), matt white

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I'm looking for downlights that satisfy the following criteria: (1) white bezel; (2) fire-rated; (3) IP65 or above; (4) anti-glare; (5) GU10/MR16, not integrated LED. I've shortlisted the Integral Evofire Recessed (low-glare) and the JCC Fireguard Anti-Glare (IP65 variant).

To me, the Integral one is slightly better at aesthetics; however, it's made of steel and not aluminum, albeit powder-coated. As I'm fitting them at home outside the UK and by the ocean, the sea atmosphere might cause it to tarnish and rust quicker (start corroding sooner). This becomes a concern as I hope the fixture to be long-lasting. The JCC Fireguard, made of aluminum, may be theoretically better at this.

The Integral, though, is not without its merits and the JCC not without disadvantages: the Integral is double-insulated and has an open design; the JCC requires an earth connection. On the other hand, as earth connection is available, lack of double insulation isn't too problematic? The JCC comes as an aluminum can (rather than steel can), so should still conduct heat to a decent level?

Too much to compare, and I need help. I've attached a poll, or else you could please leave me a comment.

Link to both downlights:

Thanks all.

Best,
Chris

TL;DR
Help me decide: Integral Evofire or JCC Fireguard IP65? (to be fitted in sea atmosphere)

Reply to Downlights: Integral Evofire, or JCC Fireguard IP65? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net