Questions and electrical advice in the DIY Electrical Advice - This forum is for DIY electrical advice only. Do-It-Yourself electrical warriors are welcome in this DIY Electrics Forum. We have a few dedicated professional electricians willing to provide electrical advice to DIYers in here. Checkout THIS thread to see how you gain access to this private area of the forum..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

W
I am hoping that someone can help me get to the bottom of a perplexing problem that is affecting my daughters home. I monitor her energy...
Replies
Views
D
Saw a link to this website on another forum, thought we could all have a game of spot the diy electrical disasters! I'll set the ball rolling...
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views
N
Hi I hope someone can help me here. My boiler situated in a room inside my house is dying, I have had enough of repairing so have got prices...
Replies
Views
Octopus
O
A
Hi all, I am new to the forum, just looking to get some advice on a job I am doing. I am of a electronics background so forgive me if I get...
Replies
Views
M
Hi First time posting on this form, so apologies if this is totally in the wrong place! We're buying a house that needs a complete re-wire...
Replies
Views
J
Hi guys, I am new to the forum and having some issues with some very old wiring while rewiring the house. Here is the problem... We have just...
Replies
Views
Hi, what's the maximum load I can run from a shaver socket in a bathroom? Can I run speakers in the bathroom from this point? If that load is...
Replies
Views
P
D
Hello, I have just updated my bathroom and I have put six spot lights in, electric fan & a electric mirrior in. When I installed the lights and...
Replies
Views
T
At the Church I attend, two hand driers need replacing in the toilets. One is a sensible distance away from the nearest water - about 1.5m -...
Replies
Views
S
Hi Guys, I would like to install power in my detached garage and was wondering what the correct type/size of SWA cable/glanding/steel junction...
Replies
Views
Sparkman123
S
S
Hi, I'm not an electrician - just a normal homeowner looking for a little advice - hopefully you guys can help! I'm sorry this is quite long but...
Replies
Views
solarsquirrel
S
S
Hi Guys (and I assume that you mostly will be guys..), A quick introduction, I have spent most of my adult life working overseas as an aid...
Replies
Views
SirKit Breaker
S
M
Hi all, New to this Forum, I am not a sparky but am in need of advice because I am on a real real real low budget and seem to be getting one thing...
Replies
Views
S
Hi all I have some 5mm LEDs in my car headlights which automatically come on when the vehicles ignition is turned, for some reason some of the...
Replies
Views
stu_C
S
W
Foreword: Apologies if this is repetitious, I did a google and came up with nothing. Story time: I have just had my meter relocated by Scottish...
Replies
Views
nickblake
N
Hello I have a shower which functions ok except the stop button keeps failing so I have to switch it off from the isolator switch. I just...
Replies
Views
S
Hi Guys, This is sort of an introduction/first post as I am new to the forum, so any advice welcome.Can anyone please tell me the current...
Replies
Views
Sparkman123
S
S
Hi, I recently got internet enabled, however it turns out the cable isn't wired to the BT socket (socket looks very similar to this...
Replies
Views
silverback99
S
To make this DIY forum work we need to give access to established members who are willing to contribute to this section in a positive and non...
Replies
Views
There are strict laws around working with electricity for obvious reasons. Very little can be carried out by DIYers even if classed as competent...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock