Discuss Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Electrical Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

We have this thread on TilersForums.com and it's just been restarted because the old thread had 20,000 replies and 500,000 views. And there were 700 pages. Started to lag a bit on slow connections.

I think we had a bash of this before, but I can't find the thread, so thought I'd start another one off.

If you have time in the mornings, come post in the thread before you head off to work, let us know what you've got on and what the weather is like in your area etc. Anything at all is fine. :)

Posts and likes get counted towards your total stats in this thread.

So GOOOD MORNING PEOPLE - WEATHER IS NICE TODAY IN STOKE. I'M THANKFUL IT'S FRIDAY, HAD A RUBBISH WEEK. THANK GOD IT'S OVER.

View attachment 53708

Last edited:
update on above..... Went for a new hybrid SSD/HDD... 1Tb.
The old laptop drive didn't have enough space to import all the tapes... So now its all working well... PC is back together, not sitting with its guts spilled out on the floor, and the camcorder has been reboxed and put back in the attic for another 10 years.

A timely reminder for anyone who runs a van for their business.....
When a vehicle reaches a certain age, every so often they require something called an MOT.....Annually, it turns out.

Answers on a postcard please if anyone can guess how far out of date my MOT is as of today....
Closest wins a Werthers Original and a Tesco Bag-For-Life

3 months?

That's how long one of the bikes was out of test a few years ago. I use the DVLA reminder service now, and also put it in the calendar!

3 months?

That's how long one of the bikes was out of test a few years ago. I use the DVLA reminder service now, and also put it in the calendar!

We get automatic reminders from DVANI and hefty fines for driving without MOT, although the entire MOT service is in disarray here and fines aren't handed out if you have applied for a test (all carried out in government test centres).

We get automatic reminders from DVANI and hefty fines for driving without MOT, although the entire MOT service is in disarray here and fines aren't handed out if you have applied for a test (all carried out in government test centres).

Not a bad system if they provide reminders.

Our DVLA do the same, bit you have to sign up for them yourself.

Not a bad system if they provide reminders.

Our DVLA do the same, bit you have to sign up for them yourself.

All automatic here by post and email (where provided to them). It used to be a fantastic system, but suffered a few major issues in the last 20 years. Around 5 or 6 years ago cracks were detected in their ramps (very fancy and not available for immediate dispatch). They had to work with considerably reduced capacity while new ramps slowly filtered through, then covid turned all on its head as normality was slowly returning to the service.

It's great in that testing is very thorough and much lower chance of getting a POS through with the aid of a few £. The downside is that any problems are dealt with by local government who couldn't find their backside with both hands.

Do you think the adchoices adverts spy on my search results??

screen.jpg

Fault finding job this morning. Returning customer with an rfc downstairs tripping the mcb (no rcd)
Was at the house a couple years ago fixing the lights which had been ravaged by rodents a while ago and finally gave up.

Only 6 sockets, so whipped the fronts off and did a bit of testing. CU to first socket ok… first to second 0.06Mohm on L to E
2nd to 3rd clear
3rd to 4th also shorting to earth
4th, 5th and 6th ok…. But the cable leaving 6 is clear testing at socket, but short L to E tested at board…

Carpet rolled back in lounge and board up. Found the cables, but they’re run with a load of redundant cables that used to feed the kitchen… (kitchen is now elsewhere, and old kitchen is now bathroom) Cables look ok, no rodent damage here.

Next step is carpet up in hallway… trace from consumer unit to here they pass under the lounge wall…..
I have an uneasy feeling that there’s a radiator on the wall directly below the CU, and there is a possibility that the fixing screw for that has gone through a cable and has only just now broken down.

I’ll keep this job updated, but won’t be going back until after my hols.

We got down on Saturday, and now have the lights fixed on the caravan…. (See other thread)

I should know by now, when choosing a site through the Caravan And Mortorhome Club, pay attention to where it says “non members welcome”

There is a contingent of, well… let’s see without being too condescending… large family units with too many people per caravan… too many vehicles per pitch… massive caravans of the Hobby and LMC variety. Broken toys, windbreaks, clothes dryers strewn about the grass and onto the roads…

19kg gas cylinders sitting outside the vans rather than the smaller 13 that fit inside….

And I know… I said it myself… it’s stereotyping…. But they all have a strong Irish accents.. even the toddlers.

To top all that off, first night we were here on Saturday… midnight to maybe 2am, it sounded like the filming of the next FnF movie in the town/ industrial estate nearby.

Last night was eventful.
The occupants of one of the caravans mentioned above had a full blown screwing match at about 7:30.pm

Shrieking banshees

It interrupted our monopoly game😂

Reply to Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Electrical Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net