Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to the forum!

That is a pretty vague request, it would help if you could be a bit more specific about aspects you want help on!

I didn't get into the industry til the age of 40. Quite practical-minded, and had my 2330, but it was, as you say, a different world when I actually got on the tools. Hopefully you can get on the job experience early doors, there's no substitute. A lot depends on the electricians you get paired with. Most I've met like to do things right, and won't teach bad habits.

Simple advice would be make sure you're keen to learn, and don't be afraid to ask silly questions. Far better than doing something silly. As for tools, be prepared to shell out for them as needed. Large variety of work means large variety of tools. A surprising amount. You will be more respected for having a full tool bag than someone who keeps asking to borrow things. I have maybe £2000 worth of tools now. All kinds of power tools, two stepladders and a hop-up.

I've been at it a few years now, still really enjoy it, still learning, and still yet to get fully qualified. My only regret is not getting into the trade sooner. All the best!

Reply to Looking for advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All, I am looking for some advice/ information on working or emigrating to Dubai,uae,saudi arabia or qatar as an electrician. I have years of...
Replies
Views
I removed my baseboard electrical heaters (1981 installed) due to finishing off the room. When I had a new AC ductwork installed they changed the...
Replies
Views
Completed my AM2s start of this year. My whole career plan is to run my own company/sole trader. Be my own boss basically. I always get asked...
Replies
Views
I’m just finishing my L2 2365 at college in the evenings and plan to do the L3 2365 with the same college as an evening course. However I would...
Replies
Views
Hi to everyone, this is my first post so if is been already asked/answered please guide me to the relevant discussion/thread. I don't know...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock