Discuss Re using a 10mm cable to provide a new ring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

pal1952

DIY
Reaction score
I would like to reuse a 10mm cable to provide a ring circuit in an area. The cable is currently used for an electric shower, still connected at present and is fine. When the shower is removed I intended to replace the 40A breaker with a 32A, slightly reroute the cable and add a ring to then end. I have no idea where regs might stand on this however I can see no electrical reason why it should not be ok. I imagine that rerunning the ring will be suggested but that is easier said than done. Any thoughts.

If you are implying that the customer doesn’t keep a hold of the test certs for any future sparky… then why do we bother filling them in at all? 😉

Whether it’s recorded as a departure or somewhere else… I just meant it should be noted somewhere.

Any future spark working on a board should have enough common sense to realise if say, circuit 1 is a 10mm, but circuit chart says sockets… then there’s something unusual going on. Quick read would confirm it’s by design and not a mistake.

The more common example of this has an isolator switch at the feed -> RFC point, for example, for a laboratory/classroom/etc.

You don't need one here, but at least an accessible and labelled junction box location is good, such as a blanking plate on the old cooker outlet, etc. 10mm is too big for the usual Wagos, but you might find something of adequate rating to fit in there.

Reply to Re using a 10mm cable to provide a new ring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good evening all, I’m currently part way through my apprenticeship and we are working on IB, IN, IZ and IT and volt drop today. And it got me...
Replies
Views
Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
Hi, looking for some advice on what I have seen at my mums house when I took the cover off the consumer unit. 32A breaker, labelled kitchen...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock