Search the forum,

Discuss Required MCB for Doorbell Transformer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I’ve just looked in my consumer unit and I’ve got space for an extra MCB and a rail transformer for my ring doorbell.

I’m planning on adding a matching mcb however I don’t know if I need a 3A, 6A or 10A version.

The transformer is British General Fortress 8-24V AC 8VA Bell Transformer Module

So I’m working on the basis that 8VA / 24v = 0.33a

However should it be 8VA / 240v 0.03a?

Either way I’m assuming a 1a unit will do the job?

Can anyone offer suggestions please?

Personally I'm not a fan of doorbell transformers inside consumer units.
Most aren't installed with any regard for Band1 / Band2 cable separation, or with any regard for easy maintenance later. I think it's safer to have a fused spur and an external unit so anyone can replace it in future.

But the actual answer is a 3A breaker, if available, will be fine. Someone has commented that this model can put out more than 24V and cause notifications of over-voltage on the app btw.

1646671448780.png

Reply to Required MCB for Doorbell Transformer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back