Search the forum,

Discuss **Show Us Your Installs!!!** in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Spudnik

Right chaps,

Due to a few unavoidable issues, we have lost the original thread and pics etc.

Sorry about that!!!

So, if you want to re-upload your pics then great, if not, give us something new!

Cheers!!

image.jpg Almost finished, just left to terminate the swa. No trunking this time:)

The only thing that i can see worth mentioning is to get ferrule crimps in those fine multi stranded neutrals going into the neutral bars....

Just as a point of interest the last Wylex board I fitted had neutrals like this; but they appear to be 'glued' for want of a better word; the ends are somehow fixed into a rigid pre-formed rectangular profile so they form their own profile, not sure how it's done but would welcome someone enlightening me.

Just as a point of interest the last Wylex board I fitted had neutrals like this; but they appear to be 'glued' for want of a better word; the ends are somehow fixed into a rigid pre-formed rectangular profile so they form their own profile, not sure how it's done but would welcome someone enlightening me.
I think it is the same with most of domestic CUs, hager, proteus is the same. They come from the factory that way, even if you take them out, they are not getting lose.

No idea i've only seen factory fitted crimped type ends. So what do you do when you cut these neutral tails to size, to suit the CU install?? If nothing else at least fitting an insulated ferrule crimp connector will do away with seeing bare conductor entering the neutral bus bars!!

No idea i've only seen factory fitted crimped type ends. So what do you do when you cut these neutral tails to size, to suit the CU install?? If nothing else at least fitting an insulated ferrule crimp connector will do away with seeing bare conductor entering the neutral bus bars!!

Not very pleasing on the eye and a bit lacking insulation wise but that's the way they come from the manufacturer. The strands are fused ... soldered in some way to make a solid.
They come in position, in made up lengths, to suit the whichever unit you buy, flexibility being the important point.

The line connectors on the 7th breaker from the left are a different shade of brown. Looks a right mess. Daz

"The line connectors........."

You mean conductors right ?

Well if you're going to be pedantic it's best to be accurate otherwise someone might come along and tear you a new --- for your own errors.
;-)

Looks very good, I have never managed to get a board looking like that, just never happens. As much as I try, there's no way it's going to happen. I think it makes a huge difference to how neat it is depending on if the cables enter from the top, middle or bottom. I tend to use MK boards and neR from the top, so never have much free space.

Reply to **Show Us Your Installs!!!** in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back