Search the forum,

Discuss Wiring a light and a battery pack, basic questions in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello
Complete lack of electrical knowledge here. I sew actually, making a costume right now that I need a little light for. So my question is this:
Is the sequance of "battery pack -> negative wire coming out of the battery pack -> wire nut -> negative wire coming out of the light -> light -> positive wire coming out of the light -> wire nut -> positive wire coming out of the battery pack -> battery pack" correct?
This, so to speak:
πŸ”‹βž–πŸ₯œβž–πŸ’‘βž•πŸ₯œβž•πŸ”‹
And would it be possible to insert more lights into this chain?
Perhaps like this:
πŸ”‹βž–πŸ₯œβž–πŸ’‘βž•πŸ₯œβž•πŸ’‘βž–πŸ₯œβž–πŸ’‘βž•πŸ₯œβž•πŸ”‹
Any and all insights are welcome and apreciated!!

TL;DR
Is πŸ”‹βž–πŸ₯œβž–πŸ’‘βž•πŸ₯œβž•πŸ”‹ correct?
Is πŸ”‹βž–πŸ₯œβž–πŸ’‘βž•πŸ₯œβž•πŸ’‘βž–πŸ₯œβž–πŸ’‘βž•πŸ₯œβž•πŸ”‹ possible?
Seems correct to me. May be worth posting a photo to be on the safe side.

And welcome to the forum!

Seems correct to me. May be worth posting a photo to be on the safe side.

And welcome to the forum!
Thank you!! I'll get some photos when I get back home (at work rn). Glad to have joined, might just take more of an interest to wiring, awaken the kid in me who used to disassemble calculators for fun πŸ˜…

Reactions: DPG
Thank you!! I'll get some photos when I get back home (at work rn). Glad to have joined, might just take more of an interest to wiring, awaken the kid in me who used to disassemble calculators for fun πŸ˜…
I'm back with pictures!!
Sadly, something isn't working and the lights are not lighting up. I'm not sure if it's a voltage issue (im using two rechargeable AA batteries, 1.2V each, in a baterry pack, the lights were marketed as 3V-6V) or if I'm twisting the wires wrong. Thanks to anyone willing to share wisdom πŸ’š

Attachments

• 20240512_111450.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240512_111520.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240512_111539.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240512_111626.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240512_112009.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 4
The LEDs appear wired incorrectly back to back - whereas you should wire the black from the first LED to the red of the second LED, etc. So they are all in series.

Reactions: DPG
Agree with SJD. Also the 2.4V you have from the 2 cells may not be enough, but worth a try.

Reply to Wiring a light and a battery pack, basic questions in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net