Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yeehaw 🤠 Ride em home, cowboy.

Now this takes thinking outside the box to a whole new level of special kind of stupid. 🤦🏼‍♂️

60088402-A444-4857-A370-50F22516DE8D.jpeg
95DCC55D-ADC0-4CDF-AA3B-342D0F32D990.jpeg
4ABDA0DB-9AE5-4436-9DEB-775600F5902A.jpeg
BBCAAD28-24F4-4D3D-BDD2-ADE0CDDB1C74.jpeg
ECFA945F-089A-4B32-AA00-806A3C7F744E.jpeg
7FFDF34E-95BA-4BE0-8B68-606D66831829.jpeg

Called out to a boiler not working and keeps shutting off. Plumber blamed the boiler, Manufacturer sent an engineer who said it’s wired wrongly. Plumber said his spark has wired it properly and the property has obviously got dodgy wiring.

I’ll let you draw your own conclusions and yes. That is a 3pole fan isolator. 😂🤦🏼‍♂️

29926DB6-94F0-4209-9FFA-6F4F777141B0.jpeg

A3377A9D-7A43-4F4E-BEFF-18249D34BACF.jpeg

A29D1D60-185C-4083-9873-95AA2AC5CA26.jpeg

E61F75B9-0346-4AA1-BB08-97042C733D4D.jpeg

I’ll let you draw your own conclusions and yes. That is a 3pole fan isolator. 😂🤦🏼‍♂️

It's normal to fit a 3 pole isolator next to the boiler if the switchfuse is remote from the boiler, this satisfies manufacturers and gas-safe requirements for a local isolator to the boiler.
Obviously it needs to be 3 pole in order to isolate live, neutral and switched live.

I would have used a TP isolator as well, but would have fitted it on a PVC surface box, fitted with a 20mm gland for strain relief of the flex.
Is there something a bit dubious where the flex connects to the boiler PCB?

It's normal to fit a 3 pole isolator next to the boiler if the switchfuse is remote from the boiler, this satisfies manufacturers and gas-safe requirements for a local isolator to the boiler.
Obviously it needs to be 3 pole in order to isolate live, neutral and switched live.
That’s the point, it isn’t. The grey T&E coming down the wall is direct from the CU.

I would have used a TP isolator as well, but would have fitted it on a PVC surface box, fitted with a 20mm gland for strain relief of the flex.
Is there something a bit dubious where the flex connects to the boiler PCB?

If you follow the black wire from the flex which is in terminal RT. That leads back to the centre common on the 3 pole switch.

The only cable connected on the outgoing 3C&E is the brown into Common L1

The L & N on the T&E are connected to L2 and Common N.

I might be mistaken as I’ve not seen a new boiler like this round my way. Most are old style S-Plan systems from oil boilers. But I’m not sure how that is ever going to supply the right signal from the controller.

If you follow the black wire from the flex which is in terminal RT. That leads back to the centre common on the 3 pole switch.

The only cable connected on the outgoing 3C&E is the brown into Common L1

The L & N on the T&E are connected to L2 and Common N.

I might be mistaken as I’ve not seen a new boiler like this round my way. Most are old style S-Plan systems from oil boilers. But I’m not sure how that is ever going to supply the right signal from the controller.
Shouldn't the wires be pushed into the holes on the left of the block?

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock