Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

So close but no cigar:
IMG_20230213_140403055.jpg

Mmmmmmm, where to start here
I like the attention to detail to label the colour-coded wired L and N with a high contrast pen or similar. Shame they don't seem to have linked up the T&E's CPC of course!

I'm sure the terminal blocks were left like that for ventilation to keep them cool?

It is left as an exercise for the reader to decide if the supply earth or one of the cables would burn out first in the event of a fault...

Is that multiple T&Es being used as tails?
a twin and earth went to an old MEM fuse isolator for the water heater and what looked like a few sets of about 4mm singles (in imperial size), to two 4way rewireable fuse boxes

Cant believe the meter guy wired them back up to a new meter and isolator, but hey at least the main bonding was done!

Can you get our light working?

Interesting replacing these knackered fluorescent boxes with led frames.

IMG_3911 (002).jpg

IMG_3922.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3922.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 13
Can you get our light working?

Interesting replacing these knackered fluorescent boxes with led frames.
View attachment 106191
View attachment 106193
Been back today to replace isolate the circuit and replace one fitting with led frame.
Awful job trying fix the frame to lath and plaster ceiling and meet up with existing stuff. Besides that, two circuits involved and one fitting looped off without earth (earth in connector)...after linking both circuit earths. Old colours original circuit.

IMG_3941.jpg

Last edited:
Best thing with lathe, pepper the fitting with holes and hope at least three get a bite.
Agree, but a bit more difficult with the replacement 'fit together' frame about an inch wide with no back.

IMG_3943.jpg

Managed it...I think it's a 2 man job though. Drilled a couple more fix holes to line up with a joist and then a bit of head balancing.

IMG_3942.jpg

Last edited:
We recently did 8 like that with the 4 piece surface mounting frame [Collingwood?], they truly are a pain and yes to do it on your own is a right mission!

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock