Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The mainswitch is taking the “MK lean” far too seriously.

My point about the cover was that there is a t&e just leaving the open front. Not be able to replace the cover without cutting a little slot….

Not sticking up for shoddy workmanship, but that doesn't look like a finished job to me. Is there more to the story?

I can't blame a fellow spark for this but some of the previous work was dubious to say the least.

I got a call to a pub that had previous evidence of a rat invasion and they had chewed through the cable supplying the outside lights under the floor space in the first floor.

Yesterday whenever the hand dryer was switch on it tripped the RCD. IR test showed a short on all three wires. Followed it back from the gents roof space above to discover this. Ehmmm nice wires says Mr Rat! My understanding is that vermin will chew through anything that blocks their path, rather than the thought that they are simply sharpening their teeth. The hand dryer was spurred off the lighting circuit for the toilets, neither the cable or the breaker were spec'd high enough to handle the power of the dryer anyway.

At first it wasn't really obvious that the chewing had happened until you pulled the wires back through the hole in the wall. What gave it away was the black marks all over the cable that something had been passing back and forth. The hole leads back under the living room floor for the accommodation above the pub. So I by passed the dodgy part of the cable back to the CU with a temporary cable, until the laminated floor can be lifted next week to see what lies beneath? My Jack Russell is coming with me next week just in case!!

Even better still, who saw the need for the wedge to hold the door open :nonod:

So client says "Wonder what has caused it"?

I say I'm no expert but could be a damp problem.

Client says "we dont have damp in this house"!

Need a second opinion??

Attachments

• IMG_2191.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2192.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 64

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock