Discuss Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Electrical Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

We have this thread on TilersForums.com and it's just been restarted because the old thread had 20,000 replies and 500,000 views. And there were 700 pages. Started to lag a bit on slow connections.

I think we had a bash of this before, but I can't find the thread, so thought I'd start another one off.

If you have time in the mornings, come post in the thread before you head off to work, let us know what you've got on and what the weather is like in your area etc. Anything at all is fine. :)

Posts and likes get counted towards your total stats in this thread.

So GOOOD MORNING PEOPLE - WEATHER IS NICE TODAY IN STOKE. I'M THANKFUL IT'S FRIDAY, HAD A RUBBISH WEEK. THANK GOD IT'S OVER.

View attachment 53708

Last edited:
Nice little surprise this morning.

When another forum member invades your patch, you just have to!

Had a face to face chat with @Moley and found out coincidently, we have the same first name!

When I was at Heathrow T5, the boss there put me together with another guy with the same first name to make it easy for him.
Not only same first name, but my surname is Little, his was Small.
Bad enough I’m 6 foot 1…. This guy was 6’8
I’m Scottish white… which on a dulux paint swatch is a very pale blue… he was Nigerian black.

Yup, it's nice to put a face to someone. Now if anyone else wants the pleasure my next weeks rota -
Monday night, Spalding
Tuesday night, Sheffield
Wednesday, Runcorn

Any takers 🤣

Yup, it's nice to put a face to someone. Now if anyone else wants the pleasure my next weeks rota -
Monday night, Spalding
Tuesday night, Sheffield
Wednesday, Runcorn

Any takers 🤣
I have just spent 3 days in kings lynn, about 10miles from spalding
probably not there till Wednesday next week to finish off.
like ships in the night, maybe another time?

I have just spent 3 days in kings lynn, about 10miles from spalding
probably not there till Wednesday next week to finish off.
like ships in the night, maybe another time?
I know Kings Lynn. Spent 2 weeks at a Premier Inn there earlier this year. Don't know if/when we'll be there next

I know Kings Lynn. Spent 2 weeks at a Premier Inn there earlier this year. Don't know if/when we'll be there next
Next to shell garage and McDonald’s?
if so, it’s where I have just come from!

Next to shell garage and McDonald’s?
if so, it’s where I have just come from!
Yup, that's the one. If I remember right it's got 2 parts. The main one on the left of the car park and a seconf building behind the restaraunt. I'm a really sad git. I'm getting to be a Premier Inn spotter 🤢

Finally got to the stage of fitting the new shower screen in the en-suite, its just 1800m high by 800m wide by 10mm so quite heavy, got it up stairs and into the en-suite before it exploded into a million bits, was not hit or rested on anything just in my hands, yes I did have gloves on and took the rest of the day sweeping it all into a couple of cardboard box's, just got it all into the box's and out the back door when the bin men arrived and took it all away, trouble was its a bespoke size and shape and will take time to replace, time to get into the crawl space above the shower and complete the electrics and extract, what fun. 🥴

So what happened? Did you kick it, or bang it against the wall or something?
Nope, never hit anything or even rested whilst being moved, it just exploded with a very loud bang, it had been stored for a couple of weeks laying horizontal against a wall with foam protection on the wall and floor, carrying it vertically may have something to do with the change in orientation disrupting the flow/grain of the glass, don't know enough about the molecular structure of glass, but may look it up as a matter of interest.

Thanks for the thought, but the manufacturer of the bespoke panel are a well regarded structural glass manufacturer and would have done all they could to avoid this, I did not notice any butterfly effect when it exploded, just a very loud bang, I don't know if that is indicative of some stress, will contact the manufacturer and ask.

Thanks for the thought, but the manufacturer of the bespoke panel are a well regarded structural glass manufacturer and would have done all they could to avoid this, I did not notice any butterfly effect when it exploded, just a very loud bang, I don't know if that is indicative of some stress, will contact the manufacturer and ask.

It's not a subject on which I have significant knowledge, but believe this can happen even under the strictest of manufacturing conditions.

Reply to Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Electrical Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net